The Grains & Legumes Nutrition Council recommends you enjoy grains 3-4 times a day and make at least half of the grain foods you eat “wholegrain”.
The target to aim for is 48g of wholegrains each day for adults and children nine years and older. The daily target for children 4-8 years is 32-40g of wholegrains and 24g of wholegrains for children 1-3 years.
How do I reach the daily target?
Getting your daily wholegrains is easier than you think! The following guide shows how you can get started with Arnott’s Vita-Weat:
Wholegrain foods and their wholegrain content per serve
To show how easy it is to have balanced diet and get your daily wholegrains, try it yourself!
- Download our Vita-Weat infographic.
- Download a 14-day Vita-Weat meal plan.
- Download our Balance Your Energy With Wholegrains guide.
- Download our Healthy Wholegrain Vita-Weat Recipes booklet.
- Download our Healthy Cruskit Recipe booklet.
- Download our Wholegrains Infographic here
Grains & Legumes Nutrition Council Ltd. Whole grains http://www.glnc.org.au/grains/grains-and-nutrition/wholegrains/
Whole Grains Council (2013) How much is enough? http://wholegrainscouncil.org/whole-grains-101/how-much-is-enough